Are you a fan of US TV shows? If so, you’ll be keen to know more about Hulu Australia, the US streaming service owned by Disney. It is handy to know how to access Hulu in Australia, as it isn’t as simple as a few other sites, but creating a Hulu account is well worth it.
If you are prepared, Hulu Australia connections can be made in less than 10 minutes. To summarize, all it takes is a Hulu VPN that you can use to connect to US servers. From there, you can quickly watch Hulu in Australia.
Unfortunately, Hulu VPNs are rare, and you could purchase one that doesn’t work. Besides showing you how to unblock Hulu and watch Hulu in Australia, we have the best Hulu VPNs for you to pick from.
Before starting to find out, is Hulu available in Australia, don’t start to think a free VPN will serve you well. Unfortunately, they won’t, and there is no free VPN provider that offers anywhere near good enough services like the best Hulu VPN options you’ll see here.
Besides this, using a VPN to watch Hulu means all your devices, such as your computer, phone, smart TV, streaming device, and games console, can look like they are in another country.
In our Hulu Australia guide, you’ll learn how easy it can be how to watch Hulu in Australia. By the end, you’ll see how to use any of the Hulu Australia VPNs to complete your Hulu subscription and fully use one of the best streaming services you can find. (Read HBO Max Australia Guide)
How much is Hulu in Australia?
Three base plans and three bundle plans are available from a Hulu subscription.
Quickly the Hulu cost of Hulu (ad-supported) is 9.44 AUD, whereas the monthly cost of Hulu (ad-free) is 17.54 AUD.
You’ll save 11.09 AUD compared to the regular cost of each subscription.
The Disney+, Hulu app Australia, and ESPN+ let you watch your preferred shows, motion pictures, sports, and other content.
Here are the plan details:
Except for two things, Hulu Basic delivers all the functionalities found in the other two subscriptions.
First, the pricing is only $9.44 AUD/mo, which is highly affordable. The drawback of the Hulu basic plan is that it has advertisements.
Luckily, the Hulu basic package has a one-month free trial Australia users can use to test functionality.
Hulu (No Ads):
The superior package, Hulu (No Ads), is priced at 17.54 AUD/mo. If you purchase this plan, you won’t have to worry about commercials interfering with your streaming.
You still won’t have access to Live TV with it, although it costs a bit more than the entry-level plan. This Hulu plus Australia account also comes with a one-month free trial.
Hulu + Live TV:
The best Hulu plan includes live Hulu shows Australia users can get they can’t find without numerous other subscriptions. On the TV, you have the option to record 50 hours of cloud-based DVR storage.
On this plan, Disney+ and ESPN+ programming is also available.
All the features in this package, which costs 94.48 AUD/mo, are not included in the other two Hulu subscriptions. However, it is not an ad-free package, and the Hulu Australia free trial is for one week, not one month.
Why is Hulu Not Available in Australia?
Many ask, will Hulu come to Australia, or when is Hulu coming to Australia?
So far, there is no planned Hulu Australia launch, so the answer to can you watch Hulu in Australia is, no, you can’t access the popular streaming service directly. Because of limitations on content licensing, Hulu is a geo-restricted streaming platform.
Even if Disney owns Hulu and Disney is available in Australia, the TV networks you can get on Hulu are like those from other streaming services and restricted to the United States and Japan.
On Disney Plus, all the content is owned by the studio, yet Hulu doesn’t own the content material unless they are Hulu Originals. A good example is adding HBO Max to Hulu.
You need a VPN provider that offers many US servers to start watching the Hulu streaming service in Australia.
Hulu servers identify your IP address and DNS, so if attempting to access the service without a Hulu VPN, you’ll face the message:
“Hulu isn’t accessible in your area to watch.”
A VPN service must overcome any streaming platform’s limitations through its USA servers.
Here’s more on how to quickly unblock Hulu streaming services to access the live TV package or the on-demand section for movies and Hulu shows. (Read HBO Australia Guide)
How to get Hulu in Australia (Step by Step)
The steps to watch Hulu in Australia are straightforward.
Here’s an overview of how to stream Hulu in Australia and be able to watch TV online.
- Get a Hulu VPN (Virtual Private Network) to unblock Hulu reliably.
- Sign up for your Hulu account. (Remember, there is a Hulu Free Trial)
- Open the VPN services app and connect to a US-based VPN server.
- Navigate to the Hulu website or download the Hulu app
- Sign in and see all the glory that Hulu offers.
Best VPN For Hulu in Australia
The VPN provider has VPN server locations to bypass geo-restrictions on Hulu, US Netflix, SlingTV, (UK’s) BBC iPlayer, and other streaming services.
The NordVPN SmartPlay mode blends the best features of VPN and DNS technologies to make streaming more versatile, secure, and worry-free.
The VPN to watch Hulu maintains a zero-logs policy, employs military-grade encryption, provides an ad-blocker, and includes malware security besides the kill switch.
When accessing Hulu in Australia, NordVPN is one of the best VPN services. Its network includes 5543+ servers spread across 94+ nations. It has many servers in Australia, so your Australian IP address won’t be seen, and you can enjoy streaming Hulu.
It gives you the advantage of streaming any streaming services experiencing no speed loss because 1970+ of these servers are located only in the USA.
On a 100 Mbps connection, it can deliver an incredibly fast downloading speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps.
The VPN provider has many premium VPN server locations to get around geo-restrictions on Hulu, US Netflix, SlingTV, BBC iPlayer in the UK, and other streaming services.
The NordVPN SmartPlay mode combines the best aspects of VPN and DNS technologies to increase the flexibility, security, and worry-free nature of watching Hulu movies on the streaming platform.
Besides the kill switch, the VPN for Hulu offers a zero-logs policy, uses military-grade encryption and an ad-blocker, and incorporates malware security.
- 24/7 live chat
- Secure VPN service provider
- Smart Play DNS good offer speeds and quality streams
- Fast speeds to stop buffering
- The desktop app isn’t the easiest to use
- Speeds may slow over long distances
Users of NordVPN get access to six multi-logins. It works with Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Roku, Smart TV, Xbox One, PS4, and Chromecast, as well as Roku, Firestick, Fire TV, and Apple TV.
For AU$ 5.08/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) – Save 60% on 2 Years Deal; you can purchase this VPN. In addition, all its programs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Because of its fast servers, ExpressVPN is a top option for unblocking Hulu Australia.
You may easily stream Hulu in 4K because, in the speed tests, it achieves a download speed of over 90 Mbps and an upload speed of 55 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
ExpressVPN has a vast network of servers spread over 94+ nations. It runs well, and with just one click, you can access the Hulu channel and other streaming services like the BBC iPlayer in Australia, TVNZ in Australia, and Eurosport in Australia.
For users of Windows, Linux, macOS, Android TV, Apple devices, and mobile phones like the iPhone and other Android devices, VPN software is accessible.
With a total of 28 US servers spread out around the US, it is optimal to access Hulu in Australia utilizing specific servers if regional versions of Hulu exist.
Instead of connecting to the typical five devices at once on your internet connection, you can acquire router firmware and connect to an endless number of devices concurrently. So, even Android users can access a US server to access the Hulu website or use the app to watch live TV or shows.
You can use ExpressVPN Media Streamer DNS on any computer system without software to watch Hulu Australia.
On Apple TV, Xbox One, PS3/PS4, PS5, or Smart TV, you can view Hulu episodes and movies if you get Hulu in Australia and circumvent geo-restrictions.
By hiding your IP address, ExpressVPN enables you to unblock Hulu Australia and access streaming services like Hulu in Australia.
AES 256-bit encryption, split tunneling, a kill switch (Network Lock), IP and DNS leak protection, and a strict zero-logging policy are just a few of ExpressVPN’s privacy features.
- Buffer-free Hulu streaming HD content
- Military-grade security
- Industry-leading 24/7 live chat customer support
- Uses Lightway Protocol for enhanced security and speed
- No Ad-Blocker
- Limited configuration options
For AU$ 9.71/mo (US$ 6.67/mo), which is a savings of 49%, you can receive this premium VPN service.
You also get 3 extra months for free when you sign up for a 12-month plan. In addition, it provides a risk-free 30-day refund guarantee, making it simple to try out the service as you watch Hulu in Australia for a month before you pay anything. (Read Where To Watch Game Of Thrones Australia)
Surfshark offers fast speeds on its US servers to stream with no issues.
Surfshark offers 3200+ servers in 65+ countries. With its fast servers, you can unblock many streaming platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video and BBC iPlayer.
Top features of Surfshark include Trusted Server Technology, VPN Split Tunneling, ISP throttling, Automated Kill Switch, and 24-hour Customer Support. Additionally, using a US server, you can use this VPN to watch live TV on Hulu in Australia.
Security is enhanced with Surfshark’s Wireguard security protocol, which is faster, more dependable, and more secure.
That this VPN permits users to connect on unlimited simultaneous connections is its best feature. In addition, numerous platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, FireStick, Roku, and more, are compatible with Surfshark.
However, you will only be able to stream Hulu from US-based locations in Australia; Surfshark excels at this with its high-speed servers.
Manual configuration is allowed on routers, and you get a 30-day money-back guarantee to test out all this.
- Unlimited device connections
- Great speeds for buffer-free TV shows and movie streaming
- Excellent content unblocking features
- Strong security and privacy
- Still newer compared to more established VPNs
- Some server locations can stream slower than others When you watch Hulu Australia.
Because of its optimized servers for unblocking and streaming Hulu, Surfshark is a very reasonable VPN service for accessing Hulu.
It costs AU$ 3.35/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) – 82 percent Off on 2 Years Plan. There are many VPN servers to unblock Hulu free trial Australia.
Is Hulu on Disney plus Australia?
Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu are included in the Disney Bundle.
You may alter the bundle to include Live TV to watch Hulu in Australia. There are ads on the live TV; however, access in Australia as HBO Max will require a VPN as it is only available in the US.
How Do I Get Hulu On My TV In Australia?
Hulu supports many streaming devices, including Android, iOS, Android TV, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, and smart TVs, which Hulu supports.
Here’s a quick guide on how to get Hulu on various devices.
Get on iPhone/iPad?
- First, select your profile under “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Click “Media & Purchases” now, then click “View Account.” Your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” will be requested for verification. Enter your Touch ID or passcode.
- Then select the United States as your country by tapping “Country/Region” and “Change Country or Region.”
- The “Terms and Conditions” page will open after you make the United States your selection. To continue, click “Agree.”
- Now enter all the necessary information. First, you must enter a USA address and postal code that is simple to locate on Google in the address area.
- Enter “Done” right away and see the procedure.
- Once the procedure is finished, the USA has been selected as your App Store area. Next, download the Hulu app from the App Store.
- Open the VPN application after installing the Hulu client, connect to the US server, and then begin streaming!
Get Hulu in Australia on Android
To get the Hulu app on your Android devices in Australia, follow these steps:
- Open your Android device’s VPN app and connect to the US server first.
- Open the Play Store app now, and then touch on the three bars in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Your name and nationality can be seen in the “Account” section.
- Select the USA as your nation and then fill in all the necessary information.
- You may download the Hulu app and start streaming in Australia after your region is set to the USA and you sign into your Hulu account.
Get Hulu in Australia On Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Here’s how to download Hulu to your Firestick or Fire TV in Australia:
- Log in to your existing account by visiting the Amazon website.
- Now select “Your Accounts and Content” from the list of options under “Accounts & Lists.”
- Now switch your region from Australia to the USA.
- Click “Settings” after connecting your Amazon Firestick device to your TV.
- Then sign back in after logging out or de-registering your account.
- Now go to the App Store and download the VPN app and download Hulu app.
- Launch the VPN application and join a US server.
- Start viewing Hulu Australia shows using the Hulu app in Australia.
How Can I Get Hulu in Australia on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, and Game Consoles?
With streaming devices like Roku, Smart TVs (without Android), Apple TV, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch that do not allow VPN apps, using a VPN can be tricky.
On one of these devices, there are three methods to access Hulu in Australia.
- You can configure a Smart DNS on these devices and use them to access Hulu in Australia.
- Alternately, configure your home network with a VPN before connecting to the internet to stream Hulu Australia.
- You could also use these devices to stream Hulu in Australia by turning your desktop or PC into a virtual router.
To access Hulu in Australia on any of these devices that do not support native VPN programs, we highly recommend any VPNs we have listed, as each comes with detailed instructions on accessing Hulu through a USA server.
To stream Hulu on a big screen in Australia, you can use Chromecast, Air Play, or an Amazon Firestick if you don’t want to deal with setting up a VPN.
To download the Hulu app on your iOS and Android devices in Australia, you must change the region of your AppStore or Play Store to the USA. (Read The Outsider Streaming Australia)
Hulu internet speed requirements:
For any connected device, the download speed must be at least 3 Mbps for video-on-demand material and 8 Mbps for live content for the best Hulu streaming experience.
All VPN app options offer low drop-off, so these speeds are achievable depending on your home connection.
Is it legal to use a VPN to stream Hulu in Australia?
Yes, using a VPN to access Hulu in Australia is entirely legal. It may be against the streaming service’s terms of service, but it’s safe to do so.
How do I pay for Hulu in Australia?
The simplest way to pay for your Hulu service is to use a Hulu Gift Card if you’re wondering how to pay for Hulu in Australia.
- Visit the secure.hulu.com/start/gifting page to redeem your gift card linked to the Hulu homepage.
- In the box on the screen, type in the gift card code.
- Choose “Redeem.”
- You are now being sent to the Select Plan page.
- Choose a plan appropriate for the value of your gift card (ads, or no ads plan, or even Hulu with live TV)
- Including a US postal code in your entry, click “Create.” (Omit including a zip code for Australia)
- Verify your Hulu account details, sign up and pay by clicking “Submit.”
- Once your payment has been approved, you can begin your Hulu free trial to stream Hulu in Australia and enjoy the best TV series and films with your high-end VPN service.
Do You Need Credit Card to Sign Up for Hulu in Australia?
Yes, a US credit card is required to sign up for Hulu. In addition, you’ll need a credit card that Hulu Plus will accept.
How to Pay for Hulu in Australia? (Full Steps)
- To sign up for Hulu with a US credit card, follow these steps:
- First, connect to a US server after subscribing to one of the VPN services.
- Then, on the home page of Hulu, click “START YOUR FREE TRIAL.”
- Next, pick an appealing subscription strategy.
- Enter the billing and payment card information (Just Google an American ZIP code when asked for one).
- Finally, enjoy streaming Hulu in Australia by clicking “Submit.”
How Can I Use a Gift Card?
Obtaining a Hulu gift card from eBay will allow you to create an account. Both new and current subscribers can redeem gift cards by visiting hulu.com/gift and entering the redemption code.
- Enter the 12-digit code found on the back of your gift card in the Payment Information area if you are already a Hulu subscriber.
- To unlock the service in your area, just follow these simple steps:
- Purchase a Hulu gift card on ebay.com
- The email you receive will contain a code you must enter to subscribe to Hulu.
- Go to Hulu’s website with your VPN connection to the USA server.
- You must enter the code during the registration process to enjoy watching Hulu.